Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy photos to CD on El Capitan

I'm using El Capitan currently, how do I copy photos from my iMac to a disc for professional photo development? I don't even see the new disc after inserting it. The iMac just asks me what I want to do to the disc. iTunes doesn't have a way to burn photos on disc any more. Would really appreciate it if someone can guide me through the process.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, syn All calendars

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 11:57 AM

6 replies

Jun 6, 2017 8:40 AM in response to Mstuffet

I cannot copy photos to a blank dvd using "Photos" on my macbook (el capitan). I do not get an export menu in either finder or photos. If I insert a blank dvd I get a project menu but no way to move or drag photos to the dvd. How can I make a dvd back up of my photos so I can clear space on my macbook? Every help site I go to refers to iphoto not photos. Frustrated, please help.

Jun 6, 2017 8:48 AM in response to minyce

1. Select the images in Photos.

2. Go: File -> Export and export them to a folder on the Desktop.

3. Burn that with the Finder.

That's the procedure. There is no way to burn anything with iPhoto or Photos. Burning only tales place after you have exported.

As for DVD back ups: they're a dead end. No Mac comes now with an optical drive, DVD and CD are going the way of the floppy disk. In 10 years you'll be very lucky to be able to read that DVD.

Nov 20, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Yer_Man

Terence,

Thank you for the prompt, helpful and informative reply.

I am able to copy the photos to a CD. The only little hiccup I've encountered is that under File, Export is no longer an option under El Capitan; instead, Burn " " to disc is the new option.

I still have the iPhoto app; however, it does not contain any new uploaded photos since almost a year ago when Photo app has been created, so there is no way for me to access newer photos for the purpose of copying onto a disc via iPhoto. Is there any capacity for Photo to burn pictures on a disc?

Thank you again for your help.

Copy photos to CD on El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.