Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to increase the vibration intensity on the iPhone 6s?

If my phone is on vibrate and sitting on my desk, I can't hear or feel it ringing. Big problem. The vibrate on my old 4s was better. Is there a solution to this problem.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 12:50 PM

6 replies

Nov 20, 2015 12:56 PM in response to olneylee

The vibration is different on the iPhone 6s versus the iPhone 4s. The 4s used a vibration motor, the 6s uses haptic engine, like the Apple watch. It operates differently. You can go into the Settings area and increase the length of the vibration, or create a custom vibration pattern. There is no other way to change it. I've noticed that I can hear mine vibrate on the desk because of the way it sits. If lying on its back, it is not level on the desk because of the camera lens and I hear it vibrate against the desktop. You might want to experiment with vibration patterns and see if you can find one to go along with the ringtone that would better suit your needs.

Nov 20, 2015 1:06 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for the info. I've tried adjusting the vibration patterns or creating a custom vibration to no avail. I've also tried resting it on my desk in different positions. Nothing works. It's annoying to have the ringer on which will disturb colleagues, but the vibration is useless unless I keep it in my pocket all the time. Biggest flaw that I've found in the phone so far. I heard that the iPhone 5 or 6 was too loud/disruptive, but I found the 4s to be just right. Why mess with something that worked? Like I said, this vibrate mode is almost useless.

Nov 20, 2015 1:10 PM in response to olneylee

You can provide feedback to Apple regarding your opinion of the change to the Haptic Engine by going to the feedback page http://www.apple.com/feedback and then click on the appropriate subject area.

I find the change to be completely opposite. For short vibration patterns, the old vibration motor never had the chance to get to full strength, while the haptic engine starts out at full, since it is not a spinning motor like the old one. But then, to each his own, and all are entitled to their opinions.

Is there a way to increase the vibration intensity on the iPhone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.