Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing photos.. I connect my iphone and nothing happens and nothing happens

i connect my iphone to my mac and itunes started but cant import any pictures any suggestions ??

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 3:01 PM

8 replies

Nov 20, 2015 9:50 PM in response to JarkoK

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the same since you haven't mentioned what exactly is going on. But in my case, I am used to connecting my iPhone to my iMac and Photos will show me the photos on my iPhone to select what I wish to import.

What's happening now is that photos are showing in a white and grey boxes as if it's trying to load them but couldn't. It will keep trying for a while (about a minute) then disconnects the iPhone from Photos on the iMac without any warning or error (i.e. the "iFTW6S" under Import will disappear). Here is a screenshot to illustrate the white/grey boxes.

User uploaded file

Anyone has this issue? Please help.

I have tried restarting the iMac, restarting the iPhone, resetting the iPhone (holding home and power button until phone goes off and Apple logo shows up and the buttons are released), none helped solving it.

I am using Mac OS X 10.11.1, Photos 1.2 (340.4.0), and iPhone 6S 128GB with iOS 9.1 (13B143)

Thanks.

Nov 21, 2015 10:36 AM in response to JarkoK

Wasn't sure you knew since you only mentioned iTunes....

So, when you attach your device and open Photos, then when you click on your device in the sidebar, it is not showing any photos to be imported? If not, you can click on "Show All" in the "Already Imported" section, and select the ones you want to import. It may just be a syncing issue. Are you certain they have not already been automatically imported via Photo Stream?

Cheers,

GB

importing photos.. I connect my iphone and nothing happens and nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.