Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am looking into buying the new 2015 MacBook

I just wanted some advice from people who own a 2015 MacBook.

I am a college student, and I don't do any gaming at all, I don't do any photo/video editing, and plan to use this for studying, word-processing, e-mail, social media, web browsing, etc.

I hear things about it slowing down and that its processor is not very strong. I am not an intensive user, and like I said, plan to use it for simple tasks. Considering all its current specs and features, such as the processor, single port, etc., would it be worth the buy right now? I could really use one in school right now and I don't really mind the single port, but I know many of you could have different opinions on these things.

I was looking into the Air and Pro as well, but the rMB really was beautiful, and I was thinking that it could handle my type of workload.

Just wanted to know if the MacBook is worth the buy.

Any answer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 7:16 PM

Hi,

MacBook Pro. Order it with Max. RAM and you'll be set. Buy Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac, a compatible External USB Hard Drive and a USB Thumb Drive. I have an INCASE brand Carrying Case for MBP (late 2012). The case holds everything comfortably. Of course, there are other brands of cases that are just as suitable. Hope this helps you consider things. Oh! Apple Care is fantastic. It is a must for a New Mac owner or an Apple Refurbished Mac.

Cheers!!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2015 7:16 PM in response to AdrianM24

Hi,

MacBook Pro. Order it with Max. RAM and you'll be set. Buy Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac, a compatible External USB Hard Drive and a USB Thumb Drive. I have an INCASE brand Carrying Case for MBP (late 2012). The case holds everything comfortably. Of course, there are other brands of cases that are just as suitable. Hope this helps you consider things. Oh! Apple Care is fantastic. It is a must for a New Mac owner or an Apple Refurbished Mac.

Cheers!!

Nov 26, 2015 5:44 AM in response to AdrianM24

From what it sounds like the Macbook will be perfect for you.

Im a fairly average user even though I work the IT Industry... I connect to more powerful machines for my heavy lifting but use this Macbook as my daily driver.

My normal use will be 2/3 desktop environments, iTunes radio or Spotify, Outlook, Safari and Terminal running 2/3 tabbed ssh sessions.

Not come into any issues so far. Most people will heavily over spec what they need.

I'm also editing some 1080p/60fps go pro footage in Final Cut X too with little issue. Yes there is the odd dropped frame whilst cutting and render time is slow on export but for the 2/3 times a year I do that its no bother.

Hope this helps!

Nov 26, 2015 7:43 AM in response to AdrianM24

I have both a 2015 Macbook pro retina display and a 2015 Macbook. I am a moderate to light user, typcially email, word processing, some spreadsheets, web browing, etc... The Macbook Pro is my principal computer. I use it at home for both personal and business tasks. I travel frequently and thats when I use the Macbook due to its lightweight and smaller profile. I am very satisfied with both machines. Based on my experience and your usage description, either machine would likely work. However, If I were to recommend one, it would be the Macbook Pro with retina display. It has more capability for future use and has a number of ports which may prove useful in the future.

I am looking into buying the new 2015 MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.