Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple apps email not opening

My email was working well till yesterday and last night it suddenly closed and now when I click open on the apps it open and close back instantly leaving a message Mail quit unexpectedly (which I know deuh!) and a long list of software report . When the mail open I can see briefly that the main page open and in front one email unsend is also open!

My system isMac Book Air version Capitan 10.11.1 just updated a few days ago is it related to the update??

I can open my email on Icloud on the web still!

H E L P!

Thanks

Francois

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 6:13 PM

4 replies

Nov 20, 2015 7:02 PM in response to BDAqua

I restarted the computer twice, internet has been disconnected a few time but nothing change regrettably.

Everything else seems to work only email app.

Last night I was trying to send email to many people but I had an issue with the recipient email address which at one stage could not send I had to rekey all email one buy one. a little bit later could not open email again always open and instantly close back???

Nov 25, 2015 6:24 AM in response to francoisgs

Open Console in Applications>Utilities & see if there are any clues or repeating messages when this happens.

Click on the top line we want, Shift plus click on the bottom line we want, CMD+c to copy, then paste the text in a reply with CMD+v

A few dozen lines should be about right, hundreds or thousands won't likely be readable.

Apple apps email not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.