Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery life is not good since 1st week

Hello and welcome.

I have a iPod touch 6G 32Gb about 4 months old bought from the Apple Store. Well the problem is that iPod touch battery life is about 8 hours

but mine is sometimes 3 hours or when I use the battery completely to about 12% it's about 4 hours of battery life. The first day when I bought it, right after i took out of the box, the battery life was perfect but then when I first charged it, the battery gave me like 4 hours. I usally use to download apps, navigate through the web or social media, sometimes I play high graphics games and the iPod heats up and it consumes all the battery in about 2 hours but I don't know whats the problem. Battery life is supposed to go to up to 8 hours like my iPod touch 5th gen but this 6th gen gives from 3-4. Maybe I need a battery replacement? The battery is new tho, like 4 months since I bought it. I don't know, you guys tell me. Please and thank you. And also it's software is iOS 9.2 public beta 4.

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 7:50 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2015 8:53 AM in response to lllaass

OP reported only 3-4 hour of battery life, not 8 hours!!

"but mine is sometimes 3 hours or when I use the battery completely to about 12% it's about 4 hours of battery life"

"but this 6th gen gives from 3-4."

Alas, many of us don't live near Apple stores where we can run into the Genius bar for a consult.

I'm with the OP on this. Our couple of weeks old IPT 6G has alarmingly deficient battery life, even with all the usual suspects turned off and brightness at around 1/4.

Even set it up as New.

Amazed at just how bad the battery hit is when Wi-fi is in use; far worse than any other i-device we own. Love the iPod Touch 6G otherwise, but may have to buy another one for comparison and return/exchange the loser. What a nuisance!

Maybe this is why a battery percentage indicator was NOT included in the IPT 6G! 🙂

My battery life is not good since 1st week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.