Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing iPhone 6s with Honda HR-V via HDMI

I have a new 2015 Honda HR-V. I have successfully paired my iPhone with it via bluetooth and USB to thunderbolt. I am curious what functionality I will gain if I connect the phone via HDMI & USB/thunderbolt. I know I can basically mirror my phone when in park, but what can is effectively use on my screen while driving. I have not found a clear explanation of that anywhere. I suspect that the system is pretty much the same for the Fit & Civic. There is no Apple CarPlay in this car. Also, speculation as to whether Carplay could be added via software in the future? Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 5:45 AM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2015 9:07 AM in response to David M. Fresco

no idea what your car does but the hdmi out dongle mirror the screen and that is it, if connect to the entened tv that is it's purpose if one connect it to a car or to a holodeck or google glasses them it's function fully depend on the device it's connected to but it will not make the ios device provide more functionality then displaying the ios device screen

Pairing iPhone 6s with Honda HR-V via HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.