Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air display glitches

Hi all, I'm currently having display glitches issue on my macbook air 13" 2015.

I've tried to run Apple Hardware Test and the diagnostic result shows that nothing's broken.

However the glitches is very annoying and i do not know whether it is hardware problem or software problem.

I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Here is how it looks like

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 2:33 AM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Laususu

Hi Ron,

If you are describing the apparently corrupted test renderings the first place to start would be to restart your Mac in "Safe Mode" (read below). Observe your results while operating in Safe Mode, then restart your Mac normally.

If that does not fix the problem then open the Font Book application - it's in your Mac's Applications folder. Select all fonts then File > Validate Fonts. It will take a few minutes. Either remove any that do not pass its validation test, or choose File > Restore Standard Fonts... Read the dialog and confirm what you're doing before you do it.

Back up your Mac prior to making any changes to its file system.

Nov 21, 2015 11:59 PM in response to John Galt

Hi John, i've all the things that you suggest but however the problem persist.

I think i should add some more information, as i type this message the words keep glitching as well as the graphic around my safari browser did glitch a little too.

It does not just happen to the font, it happens to all my app especially when i'm playing DOTA Reborn, the game keep flickering non-stop thru out the whole game but when i trying to snap shot it, the photo does not show the flickering part.

Now i try to attach my desktop SS for the glitch on desktop too.

It's a snap shot within another snapshot.

User uploaded file

Nov 22, 2015 6:52 AM in response to Laususu

Do the graphical anomalies also appear in Safe Mode?

• Safe Mode or "Safe Boot" is a troubleshooting mode that bypasses all third party system extensions and loads only required system components. Read about it: Starting up in Safe Mode
  • You must disable FileVault before you can start your Mac in Safe Mode.
  • Starting your Mac in Safe Mode will take longer than usual, graphics will not render smoothly, audio is disabled on some Macs, and some programs (iTunes for example) may not work at all.
  • Merely starting your Mac in Safe Mode is not intended to resolve the problem, it's to observe its performance without certain additional components.
  • To end Safe Mode restart your Mac normally. Shutdown will take longer as well.

Macbook Air display glitches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.