Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Assistant Trouble: Windows 10 ISO, 10.11 El Capitain

New MacBook Air, Windows ISO image. All went well, except I quit Boot Camp Assistant (BCA) during the "Downloading Windows Support Software" phase because it appeared "stuck". Re-opened BCA to finish, had to select "Download Windows Support Software" from the >Actions Menu< to get that task to complete. I was not then prompted to restart the computer. I did so anyway, hoping that a windows installer would run, as described in the support software. It did not. Opened BCA again and the only option I am now given is to "Restore Disk to a Single Volume", which I do not want to do (given the hours the process took before). How should I proceed?

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 8:08 AM

Start over and this time follow the instructions. Be patient and let an operation complete before shutting down.

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 8:40 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thank you, Bob. "Start over and this time follow the instructions" and "be patient" was the thing to do! The progress bar stayed the same for over an hour during "downloading Windows Support Software" (Patience is not one of my strengths -- I reset my wireless router a couple times during that time to try to un-stick anything that might have gotten hung-up -- I don't know if it helped, but at least it did no harm).

The computer successfully restarted. One other hiccup before windows installed, though -- the partition BOOTCAMP made couldn't be installed-to initially. Not until I tried disconnecting by external USB hard drive could the partition (on the MacBook's internal drive) be used by the installer. Strange, to me, but it worked!

Thanks for the help.

Boot Camp Assistant Trouble: Windows 10 ISO, 10.11 El Capitain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.