Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Going from 10.8.5 to 10.9.5

I am using 10.8.5. This week Intuit announced that the minimum OS X version for Quicken is now 10.9.

How do I update the OS on my 10.8.5 partition?

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Cinema Display (2008)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 9:15 AM

9 replies

Nov 21, 2015 10:11 AM in response to Niel

Thanks for your reply. But Iā€™m not interested in going to El Capitan. My old Mac Pro is the oldest supported hardware that is qualified to run El Capitan. I know what that means: very slow.

If there is a way to update my 10.8.5 partition to 10.9.5, Iā€™d like to know. Iā€™ve spent a lot of time on Apple Support, and there is no updater to go to 10.9. Clearly when 10.9 was released, there were updaters to go from 10.8.5 to 10.9. Apparently they are all gone,

Nov 21, 2015 4:20 PM in response to rippo

Just for thought, I have an early 2008 Mac Pro as well, and I went ahead and upgraded to El Capitan. It runs great! Much faster, and I've been very happy with the new Operating System. I never upgraded to Mavericks, went straight from Mountain Lion to Yosemite, and then on to El Capitan. You should definitely check your applications for compatibility, as I lost access to a couple, but all-in-all it's been a good move for me. I've got 32GB Ram and 4TB disk in the Mac Pro.

Cheers,

dalef

Nov 23, 2015 10:21 AM in response to rippo

rippo wrote:

Mikey,

The point of my post was to find information about updating from 10.8.5 to 10.9.

The last time I looked, this is a Mac Group, not a Quicken group.

Look again!

This forum also provides questions/answers for software on the Mac, including but not limited to Quicken!

The last time I looked you said:

rippo wrote:

This week Intuit announced that the minimum OS X version for Quicken is now 10.9.

Since your statement is inaccurate and others using the search term "Quicken" will be directed to your inaccurate information, I posted Intuit's complete statement which, by definition, is more informative.

Going from 10.8.5 to 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.