Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air smc

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago I shutdown my macbook air mid-2013 only to find that it does not boot up again when i press the power button.

The only thing that happens when i press the power button is that the mag safe connector led goes from orange to green for a few seconds before going back to orange.

I tried a bunch of techniques I found online and was finally able to get it to turn back on by disconnecting the battery and plugging in mag safe connector. After it turned on I reconnected the battery. If I shut it down I need to repeat this process to get it to work again. I can however use the Restart option without any problem.

I used my macbook for about a week only putting it to sleep when not in use until the fan started running full speed with normal usage and macbook still cool. The kernel_task process was using up around 300% of CPU usage. I restarted my macbook but the problem still persists.

Running Apple diagnostics shows I might have a problem with my SMC which is also supported by the fan running continuously and inability to turn on.

I tried resetting the SMC but that didnt do any good. Can anyone please guide me if they have any idea what might be wrong or they have faced and resolved a similar problem.

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 8:01 AM

1 reply

macbook air smc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.