Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where else can i spend my apple giftcard

I have a 50 dollar apple gift card and I have no apps i need to puchase nor songs i want to buy, are there any websites or places i can spend this gift card at or something like that? I am in need of a shirt or two and i saw this card lying around so thats my reason for asking this question. Thanks!

Gift Card-OTHER

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2017 1:55 PM

They are not useless. They have a defined purpose. If that is not what you wanted to do, then why buy such a card?

You should have bought an Apple Store Gift Card, not an iTunes gift card.

Apple Store Gift cards can be used in actual physical Apple stores to buy hardware. That's their purpose.

Like most other gifts cards, iTunes Gift cards only work with the services they are intended for.

I don't see anybody trying to use Xbox gift cards, or Facebook gift cards or even Netflix gift cards to buy things outside of those digital services.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2017 1:55 PM in response to snakeiis

They are not useless. They have a defined purpose. If that is not what you wanted to do, then why buy such a card?

You should have bought an Apple Store Gift Card, not an iTunes gift card.

Apple Store Gift cards can be used in actual physical Apple stores to buy hardware. That's their purpose.

Like most other gifts cards, iTunes Gift cards only work with the services they are intended for.

I don't see anybody trying to use Xbox gift cards, or Facebook gift cards or even Netflix gift cards to buy things outside of those digital services.

Nov 21, 2015 7:19 AM in response to Ext Jumbles

Depends exactly what kind of Gift card it is.

If its an iTunes Gift Card, it can be used in iTunes, iBooks, App Store, Podcasts etc..

You can buy movies, music, books, tv shows etc..

If its an Apple Store Gift Card, it can only be used in an Apple Store, or in the Online Apple Store, to buy hardware and accessories.

It cannot be used in any other store to buy clothes. Its not a debit card its a branded gift card, meant to be used with the brand's stores or services.

where else can i spend my apple giftcard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.