Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch screen has come loose!

So today I noticed that the screen of my Apple Watch pretty much got disconnected from the watch. Like you can see all of the inside Of the watch. Is there a way to fix this? If so, please help!

Apple Watch, watchOS 2.0.1, null

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Same problem on my watch. The face just slowly started to come loose. Took it to the Genius bar and they said because the watch is almost 2 years old there is no warranty for this (watch is totally undamaged otherwise - its not a misuse situation) and that I have to pay $259 to replace, they can't repair it.

What a poor quality watch, and i paid over $500. Really regret this purchase. I decided to not spend the money to replace it, and used crazy glue to attached the face firmly myself. So far, so good, but this should never happen. I am one disappointed customer.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2017 12:22 PM in response to carboonz

Same problem on my watch. The face just slowly started to come loose. Took it to the Genius bar and they said because the watch is almost 2 years old there is no warranty for this (watch is totally undamaged otherwise - its not a misuse situation) and that I have to pay $259 to replace, they can't repair it.

What a poor quality watch, and i paid over $500. Really regret this purchase. I decided to not spend the money to replace it, and used crazy glue to attached the face firmly myself. So far, so good, but this should never happen. I am one disappointed customer.

Jul 14, 2017 6:07 AM in response to carboonz

If your Apple Watch Series 1 face has come loose, you have two choices, according to Apple Support:

1. Send it in for repair and pay $200

2. Throw it out.

This happened to me ... the watch is 100% functional, despite the fact that the face won't stay on.

Considering that a new Series 2 watch (which I was thinking of upgrading to anyway) costs $269, should I just pay the additional $70 and throw the Series 1 in the trash? Seems like this is what Apple wants me to do.

I really love the Apple Watch! But now I'm thinking there's something wrong with the design, so maybe I should throw out the Series 1 and forgo the Series 2 for a BitFit.

Very angry and rethinking my dedication to the Apple ecosystem!!

Nov 30, 2017 6:46 PM in response to tomgiebel

I hope you didn’t throw your wat out. This happened to me today. I’ve had the 1st generation Apple Watch since it 1st came out, so about 2.75 years. After reading posts about thus issue, I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to glue the watch screen back on since the watch was still functioning. I used Aleene’s The Ulyomate Multi-Surface Adhesive. It seems to be holding. Sure beats buying a new Apple watch or other fitness tracker.

Jul 11, 2017 12:29 PM in response to andstott1

Apple Watch is not user-serviceable and Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make another Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected again - including querying whether the issue may be battery related and, if so, whether any remedy may be available under Apple's current policies:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Aug 12, 2017 6:57 PM in response to carboonz

Same thing happened to my Gen 01 Apple Watch where the bottom half of the glass one day disconnected from the rest of the watch. I've only had it for a year and a half, and I was not wearing it much lately because of skin rash from the watch band. I am deeply disappointed in its craftsmanship and that Apple does not provide better warranty coverage for such an expensive device. I will be letting my friends know to steer clear of this!

Oct 21, 2017 2:12 PM in response to carboonz

Same thing happened to me today. I’ve had the watch for almost two years and have not worn it in over a week. Then today, after wearing it a few hours, I look down and the face is coming off!

I’m sure Apple is aware of this problem, but most likely don’t care.

I won‘t pay to fix it nor buy a new one and my next phone will be an Android product, not Apple. Waste of money.

Aug 14, 2017 1:49 AM in response to andstott1

I have the same issue but this time it is Series 2 and bought 9 months ago. Hope it is still under warranty and apple will replace the watch

My Apple Watch screen has come loose!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.