Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Replicating

I have a MacBook Pro and MacMini, both recently updated to El Cap. It's been a while since I last used Time Machine and recently set up on both machines.

I have a hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme router and used as an air disk. I have not issues with using the disk and can see the device on both machines.

My problem is specifically with Time Machine machine back up on my MacMini. I was able to set up and TM ran for several days then this morning, it showed that there was a successful first backup. Looking on my air disk, it now shows the original parse bundle MacMini and MacMini 1 so it looks like it did not see the the first backup and then decided to create another one.

I see an error previously, and I don't recall the exact message but it was some like "the original folder/disk has change" but that was a couple days ago but that has not since returned.

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 7:20 AM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2015 2:44 PM in response to vsop4me

First, if this is your only backup, please back up to a locally-attached external storage device. One backup is never enough to be safe, and backing up over a network is less reliable than backing up locally.

Hold down the option key and select

Verify Backups

from the Time Machine menu in the menu bar (not the Dock icon.) The operation may take several hours. If the menu-bar icon (a clock that runs backwards) isn't showing, check

Show Time Machine in menu bar

in the Time Machine preference pane.

Nov 22, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Linc Davis

Just verified the backup and it's successful.....that being said, I believe it verified the second version (MacMini 1) as I don't know of a way to select which parse bundle for TM to verify. TM option only allows me to select the disk and not the specific backup parse bundle. What I will probably do is just delete the original version and see what happens. I've also ran the First Aid check within Disk Utility and everything checks out okay.

Time Machine Replicating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.