Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting FW_DETECT=0 Any solutions?

I have the iPod classic 160gb. It has stopped functioning/syncing with iTunes. Was reloading music (2nd time in 1 year!) and less than halfway through it stopped and hasn't functioned since. The one thing that looks significant is the FW_DETECT=0 I get after Accessories test. Any solutions or has Apple figured out a way to get me to spend more money?

iPod classic

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 7:20 AM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2015 8:32 AM in response to Randell1965

Well since my iPod also shows FW_DETECT=0, but works correctly, I suspect you're allowing yourself to be misled.

Take it out of test mode and try using the iPod as normal. If it doesn't work, try a Reset (that's pressing the Select and Menu buttons until the Apple logo appears - and letting it go through that process. Do not go into the test mode. Once the Reset has completed, try using your iPod.

If it doesn't work, post here again but this time be specific about what the iPod doesn't do, or what doesn't work as you expect it to.

I'm getting FW_DETECT=0 Any solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.