Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Mac G4 MDD Video Card Upgrade

Hello to everyone!

I have a Power Mac G4 MDD , more exactly this : http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/specs/powermac_g4_867_dp_mdd.h tml

And i want to use it with this monitor that i have too : http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_studio_display_ 17_cl.html

I already done a video card upgrade, take out the original video card on this mac the Nvidia Geforce4 MX 32MB and put in an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 64MB.

Everything is fine except for one thing... I don`t have Core Image support in Leopard and that is what i want.

So... The question is... What Video Card that support my ADC CRT Monitor and give me Full Core Image support should buy ? Exist that Video Card?

I was thinking about this video card from a G5 ... ATI RADEON 9600 128MB AGP ADC/DVI MAC EDITION for G5

But i`m not sure , i read that putting some tape on pin 3 and 11 this G5 card it is going to work in my G4 MDD but the ADC port will not work anymore...

Is that true? or i misunderstood ?

In anycase , What video card do you think that going to work best with my wanted configuration... G4 MDD + ADC 17 CRT APPLE DISPLAY + CORE IMAGE SUPPORT

Thanks in advance for your time

Regards

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 7:51 AM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Thank for your answer Allan. Yes! i already check that list, but i`m in the same situation then, what Video Card of that

list give me support for this configuration : G4 MDD + ADC 17 CRT APPLE DISPLAY + CORE IMAGE SUPPORT

All AGP video cards on that list support core image and they are all for G5 Mac`s...

So... Any Video Card of that list officially for G5 with ADC Port it is going to work with my G4 MDD + CRT ADC MONITOR + CI Support out of box?

Power Mac G4 MDD Video Card Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.