Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My weather widget has gone weird!

Hello My weather widget on Dashboard tells me it is Thursday and 57F but is is Saturday and 30F. Have tried to re-set but to no avail. Grateful for words of advice. Using El Capitan on iMac 10.11.01.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 10:59 AM

6 replies

Nov 23, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Janlik

Hi there Jan,

So you are in France and I am in UK - so we do not have some weather providers. If Yahoo are to blame then it is not for us to intervene. If I bought a car lets pretend in a dealership and the steering wheel turned to dust I would not expect the dealership to respond by saying I should approach the manufacturer of the steering wheel and complain to them. So pure nonsense from Apple. Blame shifting -as always - they have screwed up and fear failure in saying so. Very CA. If we wait a moment there will be a mysterious update on El Capitan and it will be sorted!! If not it is a big time screw up and the blame passing is taking ages!!

Best of luck.

Nov 27, 2015 11:38 AM in response to Brightoncheerfull

Hello again, Problem now sorted.

I went to Yahoo and signed up with them

I inputted my location to them on their weather page

my notifications drop down seemed to pick up on it first with correct weather

but now the widget is behaving informing me it is night with solid rain and yet warm at 11C - which it is outside.

What a battle still all is well that ends well etc...

Hope you get on OK with it!

My weather widget has gone weird!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.