Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Coonect from abroad

Dear Apple users,

I need your help. I want to work for a UK company from Hungary. I've got a MacBook and a Time Capsule. My job is to create logos and make the files ready for printing, what logos my collegaues are actually print in UK. So I want a surface what has connection to my computer (in Hungary) and their computer (in UK). Like a cloud, like a DropBox. Basically my questions to you are... Can I use the Time Capsule as a cloud? Can I keep files on it? Can my colleagues can connect to my Time Capsule from UK, with a Windows PC?

I'm looking forward your helpful answers lads 🙂

Daniel

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 5:59 PM

Can my colleagues can connect to my Time Capsule from UK, with a Windows PC?

Basically NO!!

It is possible with a lot of messing around but the TC is unsuitable outside of an Apple environment.

Either buy a more suitable NAS.. they can be cheap single disk units like WD MyCloud.

Or you can do it another way.. that means replacing your current router.. I have no idea how your broadband is setup.. but it is usually possible to setup a vpn router.. and then bridge the TC.. this can make it available..

Also remember large graphics files take long time to upload if your broadband is slow upload.

It is really better to use a cloud account to which you can give others access.. you upload the file once and they can download (usually many times faster) and that keeps your systems more secure as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2015 5:59 PM in response to XDannyL

Can my colleagues can connect to my Time Capsule from UK, with a Windows PC?

Basically NO!!

It is possible with a lot of messing around but the TC is unsuitable outside of an Apple environment.

Either buy a more suitable NAS.. they can be cheap single disk units like WD MyCloud.

Or you can do it another way.. that means replacing your current router.. I have no idea how your broadband is setup.. but it is usually possible to setup a vpn router.. and then bridge the TC.. this can make it available..

Also remember large graphics files take long time to upload if your broadband is slow upload.

It is really better to use a cloud account to which you can give others access.. you upload the file once and they can download (usually many times faster) and that keeps your systems more secure as well.

Coonect from abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.