Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change the value of the yaxis to zero in a 3d column graph?

I am trying to show the difference in a budget. but I can't change the value of my bar graph to start at zero on the yaxis.

it looks funny and I want to make the yaxis start at zero.

Thank you for your time.

MR

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 4:02 PM

4 replies

Nov 22, 2015 5:12 PM in response to mrogers88

I am guessing you have some negative numbers as well as positive numbers in your chart. When you make a chart of that data, the X axis line is going to shoot off from the minimum Y value (at the bottom of the chart), not at Y=0. While you cannot change that behavior, you are able to turn off the X axis line and put a reference line coming off at Y=0. The X axis category labels will still be at the bottom of the chart.

1. Select the chart
  2. In the Axis tab / Value Y, turn on a reference line. Set it to custom at 0.
  3. Select the reference line and change the weight of it if you think it is too thick
  4. In the Axis tab / Category X, uncheck the box for Axis line.
  5. You might want to put a border around the entire in the chart (which I did not do in the screenshot below. There is a checkbox for the border in the Chart tab.

User uploaded file

how do I change the value of the yaxis to zero in a 3d column graph?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.