Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Windows10: Trackpad and keyboard don't work

Hi,

Please note that my english is not very good, I've tried to explain it the best I could.

I just bought a Macbook 12inch

I love OS X for working, but some games and accounting softwares are only available on windows..

So I've launch Bootcamp utility, made a bootable drive with an windows iso downloaded from microsoft,

download and transfer drivers on bootable drive, and shrink the ssd, all done with success by following bootcamp utility steps.

Now I'm stuck at the installation of windows 10,

I have to choose a language, keyboard config etc but: the trackpad and the keyboard don't react at all.

Anyone had this issue? or have an idea to how solve this?

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:56 AM

Here is the solution:

1. Unplung Windows 10 installation drive from USB-C Apple Adapter at the first window (the one with language selection)

2. Plug USB wired keyboard or mouse to the USB-C Apple Adapter, it will be recognized and you'll be able to choose a language and launch installation.

3. When you see a blue screen with "Setup is starting" on it:

Quickly unplug your wired usb device and re-plug the Windows 10 installation drive before the screen change for another window.

Windows will load the MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) drivers and your trackpad will be recognized.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 6:56 AM in response to tellmewhy91

Here is the solution:

1. Unplung Windows 10 installation drive from USB-C Apple Adapter at the first window (the one with language selection)

2. Plug USB wired keyboard or mouse to the USB-C Apple Adapter, it will be recognized and you'll be able to choose a language and launch installation.

3. When you see a blue screen with "Setup is starting" on it:

Quickly unplug your wired usb device and re-plug the Windows 10 installation drive before the screen change for another window.

Windows will load the MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) drivers and your trackpad will be recognized.

Installing Windows10: Trackpad and keyboard don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.