Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attempting to copy to the disk failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation

Hi!

I've been using an iPod classic (software 2.0.5) with iTunes version 12.3.1.23 on my Windows 10 machine and I have been syncing my iTunes Music/Podcasts/Etc. with the iPod flawlessly for a long time. Suddenly, I am unable to sync the iPod and iTunes correctly and receive error messages such as: "Attempting to copy to the disk failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation." and "iTunes could not copy SONG because an unknown error occurred (-5000)."

I have uninstalled and re-installed iTunes, restored my iPod, and gone into the Properties of the folders where I store music to un-check "READ ONLY".

I welcome your expertise. Thank you, kindly, in advance.

Regards from Massachusetts,

Jonathan

OBS iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:04 PM

Hi, Jonathan.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to sync your iPod Classic with iTunes as you are receiving an error. Since you have attempted to change the permissions of your media folder and then issue persists, can you place your iPod in disk mode and attempt to sync again?

Putting iPod into Disk Mode

Cheers

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 3:04 PM in response to an píobaire

Hi, Jonathan.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to sync your iPod Classic with iTunes as you are receiving an error. Since you have attempted to change the permissions of your media folder and then issue persists, can you place your iPod in disk mode and attempt to sync again?

Putting iPod into Disk Mode

Cheers

Nov 24, 2015 5:36 AM in response to jason269

Jason,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to update my problem status to: partially solved. While I have yet to try your idea, I did narrow the problem down to a previously-existing album. I deleted the album from iTunes, and re-added it by adding file-by-file instead of by folder and that seemed to do the trick. I have no explanation for why the iPod and iTunes synced without problem for years and then, suddenly, this pre-existing album that has been synced before started to give problems.

If my problem were to arise again, I will try your suggestion. Thank you.

Regards from Massachusetts,

Jonathan

Nov 27, 2015 3:03 PM in response to an píobaire

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows just in case anything there is relevant. Occasionally iTunes may give error messages which don't really reflect the underlying cause of the issue. Make sure you have a decent backup of your library in case the problem was caused by data corruption on the source drive. See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

tt2

Attempting to copy to the disk failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.