Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cast all audio (incl. system sounds) from my Mac(Book) to my home stereo wirelessly?

I guess an Apple TV will not cut it. It's just lame to connect my MacBook (a portable computer) with a 15 ft audio cable to my home stereo, isn't it? What's the proper Apple way to do it?

B) part of the question: the same MacBook Running Windows via Boot Camp. What's the solution now?

Ps. I'm also not sure into which primary category am I supposed to post this. Tell me and I might move the topic!

Other OS, null

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 3:36 PM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2015 4:33 PM in response to traktor15

I changed my mind + Additional information:

OK, I might not need to hear the system sounds via my home stereo, but I definitely want to hear uncompressed, unaltered soundtracks of YouTube videos. As far as I know, the state of present Bluetooth technology is that it's still compressed, and it's a hack.

What would be the proper, 'blessed by Apple' solution for this? I'm seriously asking it, this way.

We can forget a little about the Boot Camped Windows partition as well, let's focus on OS X.

As far as I know AirPlay from a Mac only streams from iTunes, not from the browser. Bummer.

Nov 21, 2015 10:29 PM in response to Brian Cook4

@Brian Cook4?

Huh?

"Is there a reason you can not just use the controls in AppleTV to play the music/content you want?"

Sorry, I don't really get how does it connect to my question. Did you read and understood my question, incl. the modification? ( Re: How to cast all audio (incl. system sounds) from my Mac(Book) to my home stereo wirelessly? )

Sorry, I just don't get how your answer relates to my question if at all.

How to cast all audio (incl. system sounds) from my Mac(Book) to my home stereo wirelessly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.