Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplane mode is not working on iPhone 6s

WWhy am I able to make and receive cell phone calls when airplane mode is activated?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 4:46 PM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2017 7:20 PM in response to Crimson_Fox

Being from an iOS phone makes no difference. It all has to do with your carrier supporting wi-fi calling, and your phone being set up for it. If you have wi-fi calling set up with your carrier, then you would receive any calls to your cell number if you are connected to wi-fi. This is an enhancement to cellular networks to help those users that may have poor cellular reception in certain locations.

The issue regarding SMS is difficult to explain, as I'm not sure if the wi-fi calling will support your receiving SMS in that manner as well. I'd have to defer that to someone that has more experience with wi-fi calling. But wi-fi calling is a feature the iPhone will support if your carrier supports it and you have it configured on your phone.

Airplane mode is not working on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.