Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help understanding how I can see ALL of my photos on both my iPad and iPhone while I am signed into iCloud, have the iCloud Photo Library on, and enabled sharing between all devices?p

I Have followed every direction possible on Apple.com on how to access ALL of my photos in my cloud on both devices and how to set everything up, but although everything else has shared...for ex: notes, contacts, and etc...but I STILL am only able to see the photos that were taken or previously saved on each one of the devices. There has been no syncing whatsoever of the photos! There is plenty of storage place available on each device or in the cloud...I'm not sure which is which, but it's showing as having plenty open. Under icloud in settings, I am clearly logged in, and I have enabled the photo library, "iCloud photo sharing, sharing between my devices, and chosen the optimize iPad space". Any ideas? Thank you!

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 2:46 PM

Try signing out of iCloud in Settings and then sign back in.

10 replies

Jun 20, 2016 6:43 PM in response to SOLWINCK

I believe if you read the prompts carefully, that is not what is being said.

When you turn off iCloud drive, that has nothing to do with photos. The data on your iPad from the iCloud Drive app will be removed, NOT the data on iCloud itself.

When you turn off iCloud Photo Library, you will asked about deleting photos from the iPad, NOT iCloud. The cloud retains all data when you simply turn the services off on your iPad. Your iPad loses data, not the cloud.

Jun 21, 2016 2:37 AM in response to LACAllen

Thank you most kindly for your help.

I can look at iCloud Drive and see its contents.

However I can not get in to iCloud photos like that to see the contents etc.

That is the reason that I wanted to sign out of iCloud. I had hoped to sign in again and see if I could then get into my iCloud photo contents!

perhaps I have the wrong approach?

can you tell me if the Photos on my iPad and iCloud photos are one and the same?

all help appreciated..

Jun 21, 2016 1:29 PM in response to SOLWINCK

iCloud.comon a device. You can tap and hold the Refresh icon (semi-circular arrow) in the URL bar until "Request Desktop Site" appears and then tap that. The ability to do things is much less than when logged in using a computer.

The photos on both devices should be the same. You can't access the devices from iCloud. You will have to do a manual comparison.

I need help understanding how I can see ALL of my photos on both my iPad and iPhone while I am signed into iCloud, have the iCloud Photo Library on, and enabled sharing between all devices?p

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.