Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to sign in my iCloud on my iMac since resetting my password. There waas no problems with my other ndevices -iPhone, iPad and MacPro. Would appreciate some help. I'm u\runnning on Yosemite.

I'm unable to sign in my iCloud after resetting my password. It says 'there was a problem identifying th identity of this Mac'. There was no isssues with my iPhone, iPad or MacPro. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm running on Yosemite.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 9:02 PM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2015 8:50 AM in response to PRLTC

Howdy PRLTC,

If you change the password to your iCloud account there are a number of places that need to have settings changed. This article gives a good list - What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password.

Specifically -

iCloud

Update your Apple ID or password on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, and Apple TV.

Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

I'm unable to sign in my iCloud on my iMac since resetting my password. There waas no problems with my other ndevices -iPhone, iPad and MacPro. Would appreciate some help. I'm u\runnning on Yosemite.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.