Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 very slow after iOS 9 upgrade

I Have an iPad 2 which was working perfectly fine before I upgraded it to iOS 9. However after upgrade it has become ridiculously slow (almost useless)

I Have tried all the possible fixes /solutions but still the same Have also tried to completely reset factor settings and restored the iPad using iTunes with my of but again all in vain.

TO be honest I am really annoyed with Apple - their devices should'nt accept an upgrade if the new upgrade can not be handled by that device. And if the device says new upgrade is compatible and it allows you to upgrade then their should be no performance issue whatsoever.

Another annoying thing is apple doesn't allow to downgrade the iOS. That doesn't make sense - why would you not allow the downgrade - for me that's a restriction on freedom of choice of end users. This should be a legal issue to be honest.

now I can't downgrade to previous iOS version, nor can I use my iPad on this new iOS due to severe slowness.

will really appreciate any help from the community members - or from Apple 'Genius' group.

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:31 PM

The silence from Apple on this issue speaks volumes. My iPad 2 is only useful as a paperweight after "upgrading" to IOS 9.1.

2 replies

Ipad2 very slow after iOS 9 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.