Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I get an iPhone4?

My sister is developmentally disabled and wants a smartphone for Christmas.

I love the iPhone5 myself, but under the circumstances she doesn't need anything with lots of bells and whistles that would be too tempting for someone to steal, or even that runs extraordinarily fast. So no offense to Apple, but I was thinking about getting her an iPhone4.

I would just like to know - from people who are currently using the iPhone4 (or 4s) - why you stuck with or chose the older phone rather than getting a newer model? I would also like to know what OSs you are using or have used with your iPhone4 (or 4s) and any issues you experienced?

That will help me decide if it will be a good choice for my sister. She will be probably take some pictures, have some simple apps to play, and use it to sync her Fitbit; and I imagine she might do some accidental internet surfing as she is exploring the phone. Your input is greatly appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 6:00 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2015 6:12 PM in response to Somebody else

Polls and surveys are prohibited by the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.

That said, no, you should not get an iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 will not run anything higher than iOS 7.1.2. You will have a difficult time finding apps that will work on it, regardless of how fast or slow it may be.

The 4S can run the current version of iOS. No one knows if it will get further updates, but it's safe to assume that it is rapidly nearing the end of its useful life.

Should I get an iPhone4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.