Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 6 glitching?

Okay so I bought a brand new iPhone 6 last year when they first came out. Never had an issue till recently. I downloaded the new software roughly two months ago (iOS 9) and noticed the screen constantly freezing. I first thought it was a minor glitch and thought everyone with an iPhone might have the same issue. Not the case. I thought that maybe with the new update (iOS 9.1) it would fix the bugs. Since downloading that my phone became worse. Every few days it would glitch and start opening random apps or if I'm texting people start typing random letters or even delete what I've already wrote. It almost looks like a ghost is controlling my phone honestly. But I just dealt with it because it would only last for 30 minutes but since 4 days ago it's been completely unusable. I go on twitter and it retweets everything for me, I can't even text people. I can't even type in my passcode to unlock my phone because it either types in random numbers for me or deletes the numbers I try to type in, the only way I can get in is to use the finger print ID. So today I spent two hours on the phone with Apple support, first he troubleshooted that I should restore/restart my phone through iTunes because I originally downloaded it over Wifi and he said that by doing that and possibly not having a strong connection, it could leave out some data from the update. We did that and that didn't work. He then got word from his supervisor to do another restart/restore but this time set my phone as a brand new phone. After doing that it seemed my phone got only worse. He did a diagnostics on my phone and found nothing wrong from his end. He finally suggested I just go into the store for them to take a look. So I go in Monday and thats fine hopefully they can help but I'm so curious and frustrated because I have no idea what caused this or is this just one bad egg in Apple's product? Is it random and Apple's "fault" because of their faulty product or could it of been something I've done? What would cause this is what I'm wondering. My phone doesn't have any water damage and the only blemish on it if you will, is a small dent in the bottom right corner of the phone not even near the screen and that happened in January. I have no issues charging it or using the headphones. I don't download anything onto it that isn't from the app/itunes store. I haven't heard of anyone really hacking the physical iPhone, I know people can hack your Apple ID/Password but I know that's not the issue in this case.

Basically I'm at a loss and I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 8:34 PM

17 replies

Nov 21, 2015 11:46 PM in response to gcrnojev

I Updated to 9.1 as soon as it was available. Yesterday I noticed my phone IPhone 6 start acting crazy. I thought it was something I did but over time it cleared up. Now it's doing it again. Any help would be greatly appreciate. This is really driving me nuts. Also I don't have time to talk to an apple care tech for hours if that doesn't fix the issues. So I guess I'm asking if anyone else has had this going on did Apple care fix the bugs or should I just make appointment at Apple Store to have it looked a????

Nov 22, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Micah282

I think your best bet is to bring it in to apple with an appointment, if it's behavior is anything like mine (looking like a ghost is controlling your phone/opening random apps and typing randomly) because they weren't able to solve the problem over the phone and they just told me to just go into the stores, I'll update this discussion after my appointment tomorrow to say if they fixed it or whatever.

Nov 22, 2015 8:05 PM in response to gcrnojev

I think you are not alone. For the last 3 weeks im having issues with my phone. My screens jump a lot as a type in areas. My internet seems to have been overtaken. Lots of redirects and pages that wont load correctly. I have been searching these redirects and information that is being collected in my diagnostic file. seeming to think that someone is remotely took over my phone. Apple has not been very helpful beside saying whats happening is not possible. Multiple resets, Two restores in a factory store and cant figure this out. What i have found out is that the idsma on apples login is corrupt, it all looks to be problems stemming from Gethub, jquerry, and elm manager. Really dissapointed, because of lack of support and belief. i have screenshots of issue and called FBI with no help from anybody. Cant believe the websites im looking at are being changed and my information is being taken. if i didnt have two step i would have lost control of device.

Dec 1, 2015 9:29 AM in response to gcrnojev

Having the same problem, and please, anyone who is recommending to go to the Apple store this forum is to alleviate the trip (ie. any known fixes).

It started w/ my camera light coming on random and slight freezing. Today almost a brick, except for barely getting my podcasts. But same crazy behavior, screen freezing, jumping between apps, random typing, not able to open apps, FB post reposting 100's of times, etc.

PLEASE update when you can, as I am in the middle of nowhere w/ no apple store. I was able to remove all my important apps, ie banking etc. and started to change all pw's. Currently backing the phone up to do a restore. If anyone has a step by step b/u & restore that they can share that works, I would be really grateful.

Also, sorry to be a big downer, but I have taken the phone off of wifi & Verizon & set to airplane. This seemed to stabilize for a moment, but it appears as though there is some malware at work or something on the phone gleaning through data.

Thx!

Dec 1, 2015 12:16 PM in response to gcrnojev

IOS9.1 no jailbreak, and again, I can figure out how to send it in or go to the store. This is to facilitate a solution outside. If it were hardware, it would be very hard to have duplicative issues happening on 2 unrelated devices. The likelihood of that is not high, unless it is a design flaw. As the new updates have been having numerous bugs and with the compromised security Apple Apps have experienced it seems as though those could be the drivers.

If you have no recommendations for fixing, great, I would like to hear back from gcrnojev

to see what his feedback was from the Apple Store. I can figure out how to get repairs thru Apple on my own, this is a forum for solutions or to determine if this is a wide spread issue.

Thank you to all for any help.

Dec 2, 2015 10:18 AM in response to Semerson56

If it were hardware, it would be very hard to have duplicative issues happening on 2 unrelated devices. The likelihood of that is not high, unless it is a design flaw.

Since the rest of us don't have this problem, there's no design flaw.

While it seems unlikely that "2 unrelated devices" owned by you were purchased with the same hardware defect, it's far more likely that the 2 devices were abused the same way, by the same owner - including hacking/jailbreaking - as the cause of that defect.

Dec 2, 2015 10:42 AM in response to modular747

modular747 wrote:

While it seems unlikely that "2 unrelated devices" owned by you were purchased with the same hardware defect, it's far more likely that the 2 devices were abused the same way, by the same owner - including hacking/jailbreaking - as the cause of that defect.

My read was that the two devices were the one belonging to the poster to whom you and I replied and the other to the OP.

Why is my iPhone 6 glitching?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.