Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use Motion 5 and want to use it to make a 3D movie

I use Motion 5 and want to use it to make a 3D movie that I can play on my newish LG OLED 3D TV,

It is not a moving picture. It is merely 2 watercolor images that, when viewed stereoptically take on new formed composition.

The TV allows a thumb drive with DIVX content.

Anybody have any idea with to do?

Thank you

Jok

Soundtrack Pro, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 9:19 PM

4 replies

Nov 22, 2015 5:46 AM in response to xJok

out-of-the-box M5 doesn't support stereoscopic content creation nor output.

There are plugins avail, e.g.

http://www.dashwood3d.com/stereo3dtoolboxle.php

which claims to teach that Motion - no hands-on experience, stereoscopic is beyond my needs and skills ....-

imho, 3D for tellies was one of the biggest fails in consumer electronics ... 😎

Dec 2, 2015 3:26 AM in response to xJok

This is possible in Motion up to a point. But I guess it depends what the machine is like that you are viewing it on. I did some tests before 3D died a death. I added to cameras to a scene and grouped them together. I then separated them in space and angled them slightly. Cant remember all the numbers off the top of my head. Then after animating the scene and the camera, I exported two movies one with one camera on, the other with the other camera on. This was then imported into an online system that did real 3D and it all worked pretty well.

hth

adam

I use Motion 5 and want to use it to make a 3D movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.