Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get the magic mouse gestures work?

how do i get my magic mouse gestures work i have tried all means but to no avail i can't succeed

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 1:18 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2015 12:20 PM in response to bamfumu

Hello bamfumu,

The resource below explains how to use the Magic Mouse gestures. Can you tell us which gestures are not working for you? If no gestures are working, you may need to unpair your Magic Mouse and then pair it again to your Mac.

OS X El Capitan: Learn trackpad and mouse gestures
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21547?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Gestures offer you a smart, intuitive way to work with your Mac. When you use a Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, or a Multi-Touch trackpad on a portable Mac, you can use gestures—such as click, tap, pinch, and swipe—to zoom in on documents, browse through music or webpages, rotate photos, and much more.

With OS X, you’ll enjoy even more fluid and realistic gesture responses, including rubber-band scrolling, zooming, and full-screen swiping. Here are some things you can do with gestures:

• To open Launchpad, pinch closed with four or five fingers.

• To look up a word in Dictionary, add a date to Calendar as a new event, or see a preview of an address in Maps, force click the selected text by pressing firmly until you feel a deeper click, or tap it with three fingers.

• To switch from one full-screen app to another, swipe left or right with three or four fingers.

To see how to perform gestures, customize how gestures work, and set options for your trackpad or mouse, open Trackpad or Mouse preferences.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Mouse preferences.

Work with your Magic Mouse

Magic Mouse is a point-and-click mouse that lets you click and double-click anywhere on the Multi-Touch surface. The Multi-Touch area covers the whole surface of Magic Mouse, and the mouse itself is the button. Scroll in any direction with one finger, swipe through webpages and photos with two fingers, and click or double-click anywhere.

Here are some ways you can work with your Magic Mouse:

To scroll in any direction or pan 360 degrees, move one finger along the Magic Mouse surface.

To move through pages in Safari or browse photos, use two fingers to swipe left or right.

To see how to perform gestures and customize how your Magic Mouse works, use Mouse preferences.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Mouse.

OS X El Capitan: Use an Apple Magic Mouse
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21521?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Before using a wireless Apple Magic Mouse, you need to pair it with your Mac. See Pair an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with your Mac for more information.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Mouse.

2. Select point and click options:

Scroll direction: natural: Select this option to move the contents of a window in the same direction as your fingers.

Secondary click: Select the option, then choose “Click on the right side,” or “Click on the left side” to secondary (or Control) click items on your screen.

Smart zoom: Select this option to double-tap with one finger to zoom in or out.

3. Select more gestures:

Swipe between pages: Select this option and choose “Scroll left or right with one finger,” “Swipe left or right with two fingers,” or “Swipe with one or two fingers” to move between pages in a document.

Swipe between full-screen apps: Select this option to move between apps in full screen.

Mission Control: Select this option to double-tap with two fingers to enter Mission Control.

Take care,

how do i get the magic mouse gestures work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.