Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When u play a video the sound doesnt comes from the speaker and when you get a call the ear piece doesnt works when you connect earpods then it works and when we are increasing or decreasing the volume it showing headphones volume when the headphone

When you play a video the sound is not coming from the speaker

And when a call comes the sound is not coming from the earpiece

When you connect your earpods everything sounds but when you remove it

Its not sounding the speaker and the earpiece of the phone and when i m increasing or decreasing volume by using buttons its showing the volume of the headphone when the headphones are connected and when the headphones are not connected in both the cases when you increase or decrease volume its showing the volume of the headphones not the speakers

please help me out in this

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 2:03 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2015 12:48 PM in response to saqibfromhyderabad

Hi Saqib,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's sound not working as expected, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting the iPhone -

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

Sep 22, 2016 4:01 AM in response to Brett L

Hi Brett.

I am having the same problem but what you have suggested is not working.

Sound not coming out of ear piece. Can hear voice out of speaker as well as through head phones.

When head phones not plugged in and I increase or decrease the volume button it tells me that the head phone volume is increasing. Its like it has gotten stuck on head phone mode and won't switch over to ear piece mode..

When u play a video the sound doesnt comes from the speaker and when you get a call the ear piece doesnt works when you connect earpods then it works and when we are increasing or decreasing the volume it showing headphones volume when the headphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.