Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I move emails to the trash?

When trying to move an email to the trash I get 'An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox “Trash — iCloud”.' What do I need to do so that I can move emails to the trash? Thank you for any help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 10:56 PM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2015 10:51 AM in response to annelieseom

Hello annelieseom,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Thank you for posting this question. If I understand correctly, you are trying to move an email to the trash and that is when you get the error you included in your question. If this is the case, I would suggest rebuilding the mailbox.

Information on how to complete the process can be found in the following article.

Mail (El Capitan): Rebuild mailboxes

Cheers!

Nov 23, 2015 5:13 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thank you so much for helping! I tried what you suggested, but the mailbox accounts won't stay online. This is another problem I've been having. This is the error message for the iCloud account. 'The server returned the error: Connections to the server “p08-imap.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.' I have an iCloud email, 2 hotmail email accounts and 1 google email account. None of them will stay online.

Nov 27, 2015 6:12 AM in response to annelieseom

Hi annelieseom,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Thank you for replying with this information. It does sound like you have some frustrating Mail issues happening. To best support you and get these situation resolved, I suggest contacting AppleCare directly. Contacting Apple Support will allow us to really dig into these situations and provide you the best support possible. To get started, click the link below.

Apple - Support - Topic Selection

Best!

Why can't I move emails to the trash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.