Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6.6.1:Inverting bidirectional writing tab is missing from the Format panel: where can I find it, or how to install it

Hi everybody,

While writing a sentence into a text cell in Keynote 6.6.1, I don't know how or what combination I've accidentally utilized, the writing direction changed from left to right . Style of the sentence now appears as Title* and an UPDATE tab is highligthed on the Format Panel. Keynote Help explains that this is called Bidirectional Writing and is controlled via a tab marked with bidirectional arrows -><- placed after the alignment tabs. This tab is unfortunaltely missing from my panel (ITALIAN one), and I don't find infos on how to install it or fix it.Obviously I've tried all the options suggested on the Keynote help pages, without success.

Somebody knows how to restore the normal left to right writing direction? Or which combination Command + * is useful?

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 9:43 AM

well, done. It was probably due to incomplete software update. I shut and rebooted the computer, and then double arrows appeared and everything in Keynote now work properly.

1 reply

Keynote 6.6.1:Inverting bidirectional writing tab is missing from the Format panel: where can I find it, or how to install it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.