Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I abort in middle of windows installation and i can't reinstall or even use the hard drive memory i gave to windows or even uninstall it. what should i do?

I was installing windows on my mac and i had to abort in middle of installation, so i came back to install it again but i couldn't; so i tried to uninstall it in disk utility but it didn't let me, its like it is spared from my hard drive. now i can't even use 100 gb i ave to windows, i tried everything on internet but none of them worked. Please help me.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 7:56 AM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 9:32 PM in response to LORD_MAXIMOS

I had the same thing happen to me before. I had the Windows on a flash drive and I couldn't eject it nor use Disk Utility with that flash drive. I look on the "Help" option (the ? in the dialog box telling me the flash drive couldn't eject) and it said to turn the computer off, remove the disk (in my case the flash drive) and turn your computer back on. That worked and after that it started to work 🙂

Nov 25, 2015 5:56 AM in response to LORD_MAXIMOS

I was installing windows on my mac and i had to abort in middle of installation

Was there a specific reason to abort the installation in the middle? Please post the output of the following Terminal commands...

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

I abort in middle of windows installation and i can't reinstall or even use the hard drive memory i gave to windows or even uninstall it. what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.