Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After having put an item into the shopping bag, I'm prompted to check out. No options left. How do I order?

I saved my shopping bag (http://www.apple.com/shop/bag) with OS X Snow Leopard in it, but then, all I can do is check out – which means logging out. The help files won't give an answer to this, as they just tell me how to proceed after having placed an order. How do I order?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 3:59 AM

14 replies

Nov 22, 2015 10:38 AM in response to martinkoatly

What I experienced is: I found the OS 10.6 Snow Leopard in the Apple shop:

User uploaded file

I added it to the Bag which opened like this:

User uploaded file

Normally, an online shop provides a button to finish the purchase. Here all I can do seems to be to continue shopping or check out, apparently the default action. When I check out, I'm prompted to log back in:

Maybe I am completely on the wrong track here, but as iTunes requires at least OS 10.8, I hoped to be able to get Snow Leopard here. As mentioned in my first posting, the help files don't give a hint as how to actually order an item.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Nov 22, 2015 10:58 AM in response to martinkoatly

Normally, an online shop provides a button to finish the purchase. Here all I can do seems to be to continue shopping or check out, apparently the default action. When I check out, I'm prompted to log back in:

I'd view having to log back in before checking out as an added security feature to make sure it is actually you who is making the purchase; being logged into the forums here or iTunes is not the same thing as logging into the Apple Store. So what exactly is the problem?

When you click on check out and log back in, are you NOT able to complete your purchase? Or is there another problem?

And yes, the Apple Store is the correct (and only) place to buy Snow Leopard - it is not available through iTunes or the app store.

Nov 22, 2015 11:42 AM in response to babowa

The situation doesn't change after logging back in. I had been logged into the shop already. This seems to be a merry-go-round. 'Continue shopping' leads to the starting page of the shop. The issue might be that my OS as well as my Safari version are ancient, that's why I'd like to update them. But if Safari weren't compatible with how the shopping site works, there probably would be a warning.

Nov 22, 2015 12:17 PM in response to martinkoatly

martinkoatly wrote:

The situation doesn't change after logging back in. I had been logged into the shop already. This seems to be a merry-go-round. 'Continue shopping' leads to the starting page of the shop. The issue might be that my OS as well as my Safari version are ancient, that's why I'd like to update them. But if Safari weren't compatible with how the shopping site works, there probably would be a warning.

I must be missing something...

1. you have your item in the Bag
  2. you are either ready to buy it - or - you wish to continue shopping for something else
    1. if ready to buy - then do so - what happens? Joy? "1 Infinite Loop"? <[street address of Apple Corporate Headquarters]
    2. if you want to continue shopping, where else would you like to be directed? (you must start shopping somewhere)

If you indeed seem caught in 1 Infinite Loop, try another browser. I use Firefox (TenFourFox for PPC OS X 10.4.11 Tiger) and am very satisfied with all of AppleWebWorld (as far as my reasonable expectations go).

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/products/

Nov 22, 2015 1:32 PM in response to martinkoatly

If I hit checkout, I also get the screen to log in - what happens if you do log in? Are you then directed to the next step of payment verification, etc? Which is what should be happening, so can you just try that: after you click on check out, sign back in and report back.

By the way, I just realized that this thread is in the Mac App Store forum which is not where it should really be, but at this point, I don't think it matters. As I said earlier, the Apple Store is a different store and has nothing to do with the app store at all.

Nov 22, 2015 2:52 PM in response to babowa

No, I got to the Bag page again. But this really seems to be a Safari issue, as it works correctly with Firefox, as it now turned out. Safari 5 faces multiple problems nowadays where the latest Firefox still working on 10.5 is much more solid. Keeping Safari under these circumstances is a question of personal preference. Thanks for answering.

Nov 22, 2015 11:18 PM in response to martinkoatly

Ahh, that's it then - can't say I'm surprised that a very old browser version no longer works as it should. At least you are able to get to the Apple store with Firefox and purchase Snow Leopard, which, by the way, once you update it via Software Update, will offer the opportunity to do business at the app store (that app is part of the install of 10.6.8).

After having put an item into the shopping bag, I'm prompted to check out. No options left. How do I order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.