Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot slide open screen lock on ipod touch even after restoring thru itunes can anyone help ?

i ONLY USE MY IPOD TO PLAY MY MUSIC AT THE GYM......THE OTHER DAY THE SCREEN FROZE SO I WAS UNABLE TO OPEN AT ALL......I WENT THRU ALL SUGGESTED FIXES INCLUDING RESTORING TO FACTORY SETTINGS WHICH I DID SUCCESSFULLY BUT SCREEN STILL DOESN'T SLIDE OPEN. iS THIS A LOST CAUSE AT THIS POINT? cAN THIS BE FIXED AND HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?

iPod touch, iOS 4.2, 8gb

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 6:43 AM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2015 8:48 AM in response to myipod182

If you successfully restored (went through all steps without error) to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store..

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Service Answer Center - iPod

Price depends upon model and capacity. If you have an 8 GB 2G iPod then the exchange price is $99 but that is only available in California. It may not be worth it to get it repaired replaced.

cannot slide open screen lock on ipod touch even after restoring thru itunes can anyone help ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.