Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rear camera and flashlight not working

my iPhone 5s with iOS 9.1, now rear camera and flashlight i not working. It shows a black screen while opening rear camera and after turning to front camera it is workin. Again coming to rear camera it shows a warning that "phone needs to cool down for using flashlight " even though it is in normal temperature. Rear camera shows the same black screen in all modes like vedio, slow motion Vedio. When I found the problem first, I solved it by just restarting the phone. But it came again and again. After that restart doesn't solve the issue, so I do reset setting. It worked two three times. But the problem was repeating. Now even restart doesn't makes any change. The rear camera and flashlight is not functioning any more. Is it a hardware issue? I doesn't think so, because I found so many people are facing the same thing in online discussion. So what I have to do for fixing this problem??

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 8:00 AM

Had some parts of the phone been replaced lately, for example the screen?

The temperature warning can be a result of hardware parts not being assembled correctly again.

3 replies

Nov 26, 2015 7:58 PM in response to sandeepvallikunnam

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the camera.

If the camera works again, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Rear camera and flashlight not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.