Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini and my default news app will not open

II have an iPad mini and my default news app will not open. Is there a way to fix this problem?

<Re-Titled by Host>

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 8:04 AM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Dcarosi

It's not a question of being offended! If you ask in a forum unconnected with the subject you may well not attract the attention of anyone who knows the answer - indeed though I happened to see your post I can't answer questions about the iPad: hence my getting the thread redirected. If you don't get an answer soon I should make a new post in this forum, entitling it so as to indicate what the problem is. Remember that people initially only see the title (depending on how they are viewing the forum) so an informative title increases the chance of getting a helpful response.

Nov 24, 2015 7:36 PM in response to Dcarosi

Dcarosi wrote:

This was my first time using the forum! I wasn't aware of the protocol! Sorry if I offended you with my lack of knowledge of the usage of this site! I was just looking for a simple answer to a simple question!,,,,

It also helps if you keep in mind that people are volunteering their time to help you. Roger gave you some very good advice and made a request, on your behalf, to the Host, that your thread be moved somewhere where people who might know the answer would see it.

What, exactly, happens when you tap on the News icon? Does the app open then close immediately? What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Do you have an active data connection (either WiFi or cellular) Have you tried restarting the iPad? Have you tried doing a forced restart by pressing and holding the Home and power button until the Apple appears? Next step would be to restore from your back up then, if that fails, restore as new.

Nov 30, 2015 6:15 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

When I tap on the news icon I get a blank white screen as if it is going to open. It sits there for about 30 seconds then my app screen reappears. If I minimize the app screen the news app is in the background not doing anything. If I tap on it, it fills the screen but does nothing for about 30 seconds then the app screen again reappears. Again if I minimize the app screen I can the close out the unopened news app. I have an active wifi connection and I have tried a forced restart. The restart did not solve the problem. I don't know how to restore from my back up

Nov 30, 2015 7:19 AM in response to Dcarosi

Restoring as new will delete everything on the phone. However, if you have a back up, you can ultimately load it back. Any apps you purchased can be redownloaded, your contacts and email should be synced to whatever account your using (e.g. Gmail, iCloud). You should also be regularly transferring your pictures to your computer.

See this article for information on restoring:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

iPad mini and my default news app will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.