Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best photo printing software for OS 10.9.5

I lost my copy of iPhoto and all other similar programs when my computer crashed trying to load Yosemite. I need a good print program. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 7:46 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2015 7:53 AM in response to glenfromcali

If you are still using Mavericks then re-boot into the Recovery Partition and reinstall OS X, iPhotos should be re-installed at that point.

However I suspect you have much larger problems if you system crashed while "loading" Yosemite. I would recommend posting an EtreCheck report of your system and then we can look for obvious issues. Click the link, install and run the app and copy the report results and paste to your reply to this message.

Nov 22, 2015 9:21 AM in response to rkaufmann87

My mistake. I miss spoke. My MAC didn't actually crash, poor choice of words. After the install of Yosemite I was unable to use a number of APP's and I had zero access to the internet. After countless days with an apple tech, he got me access to Mavericks to reinstall. I have only the disc that came with the computer which is Snow Leopard. And yes I am running Mavericks now. I'm hoping to find a good program for printing. I seldom used iPhoto's print ware, it just didn't impress me.

Nov 22, 2015 1:22 PM in response to glenfromcali

As has been pointed out nearly every app that can open the image file can print it. If you want to make adjustments to the image and then print use a 3rd party image editor like Photoshop (high end) or one of these:

Some Image Editors That Support Text and Layers:

Photoshop Elements 11 for Mac - $79

GraphicConverter - $40Rainbow Painter - $30

Affinity Photos- $50

FX Photo Studio - $30

Inpaint - $20
Imagerie - $38
Acorn - $50

Pixelmator - $60

Seashore - Free

GIMP for Mac - Free

There are more image editors available. Do a Google search.

User uploaded file

Best photo printing software for OS 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.