Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro will not fully recharge

I got my iPad Pro a week ago, 11/15. There were some problems with procedures at AT&T but they got that worked out without problem. One of the things they did for me while getting processes resolved was they put it on a charger and had a full 100% charge on it. We had started the setup in the store, and just to see it come up and set it up as a new iPad. Sunday when I brought it home, I wanted to restore my current backup of my iPad 3 to the iPad Pro. I got it to restore with out problem. (I'm hybrid in that my desktop is Windows based (windows 10)). All appeared to be working fine and was able to recharge it to 100%.

I got the 128 GB version, because I had never been able to load all the apps I wanted to have on it. So started to loaded the additional applications. Had some problem here in that some of the apps were no longer on the app store. I had copies on my system, so I loaded them as instructed by the messages, restoring them through iTumes. This is now last Wednesday. I noticed the the battery was starting to go down much quicker and I could not get a full charge on the battery, charging the system overnight for 8 plus hours. Started to look around and found that all the apps were setup to multitask in background and all were setup for location services. Spent the better part of an hour turning all of that off, but still the illusive 100% recharge was eluding me. It was not behaving like others have been reporting, that is it dies during the night recharging and requires a hard reset and/or reboot. I was getting a little be fustrated at the same time with a Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2, I like the ergonomics of the stylus and the Apple Pencil was not available, As a side note the Wacom Stylus will not work on the iPad Pro. But that triggered me did around in the system. Although my iPad 3 and iPad Pro report as running the same version of IOS 9.1, they are not. To get the stylus to work, Wacom recommend turning off the the multi gesture feature on the iPad. Instructions on where the switch was located were correct for the iPad 3, but not the iPad Pro. (Wacom didn't say it was iPad Pro ready, just IOS 6 or better) The switch was close but different. As I continued to look for things other features were in different places in the Config app. So, maybe the core of the IOS is the same, but the Configuration App and other Apple supporting apps are not.

Since the system, is always on, typically mine backup to the cloud at night, there are parts of the IOS that are doing things all of the time. That's why I believe that the problem is IOS related, and in searching around via Google, apparently others are having the same or similar problems. I could be wrong, but was wondering if some how in the restore of the iPad 3 backup to the iPad Pro, that perhaps some parts of the IOS for the 3 were restored to the IOS of the Pro. I've noticed the the problem that people are having with respect to their iPad Pros dieing during the night while recharging appear to be all iPad Air models. Just a thought.

iPad Pro-OTHER, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 8:10 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Colegate Spinks

Hi,

I had the problem, that my iPad Pro 128GB cellular got crashed/deep slept, when I charged it a long time (especially when

I charged it over 100 percent).

Now I found a solution which solves the problem on my iPad Pro.

So I can use any charging adapter (from Apple or other companies) but it is necessary to take care about the following aspects:

- take off and away the Smart Cover!

- Close any apps

- press the power button to switch the iPad Pro off (only short pressing)

- use the original cable which comes with the iPad Pro

and taking care of these points, my iPad never crashed more while loading. I hope, you can use this workaround too until Apple offers a final solution.

SO lovely Apple: if you read this and if it will help you finding a solution for the problem (the really big bug), then I would be really happy, if to give me a gift 🙂

bye

iPad Pro will not fully recharge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.