Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don´t succeed to export files (80MB and more) from Photo to external HD (new Seagate2TB). Also tried drag over folders in Finder.

Don´t succeed to export files (some 80MB and more, but also 10 MB and less) from iPhoto to external HD (new Seagate2TB). Also tried to drag over folders in Finder.

I have a lot of files made with mix media (photo + digital paintings) made in Corel etc. that can´t be transferred. Message I get is: Can´t be prepared for export ("Kan ikke bearbeide fil for eksportering" in my language).

Some pichtures were transfered (around 50 out of 1000), but I can´figure out why the program choose especially these ones.

I also tried to send some of the files to a company for print, and that went well.

My Macbook pro is soon out of memory, so anyone?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 10:25 AM

3 replies

Nov 22, 2015 2:20 PM in response to Community User

Well two questions and one answer. So I'll assume that the same answer applies to both.

If so, export to a folder on the desktop. Drag that over. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to make sure the disk is a compatible format i.ie not NTFS - and if it is NTFS then you need to either reformat it or install something to allow you to write to NTFS. Either way, these ar not iPhoto issues but ones with the Finder.

Don´t succeed to export files (80MB and more) from Photo to external HD (new Seagate2TB). Also tried drag over folders in Finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.