Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Siri misunderstand me?

I say "Call John Smith" and Siri responds "Calling Mom and Dad". I have no accent, and I spoke clearly and loudly. honestly, this is par for the course concerning Siri. If Siri does not work by the time I need to get a new phone I'm going to an Android. Because your product is inefficient and ineffective. You guys really should field better products.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 10:17 AM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2015 10:45 AM in response to Idahomick

You are posting on a user to user community. Apple does not participate here or read complaints. You should call your mother at least once a week and Siri is reminding you.

Seriously though do you have Siri set for your country in settings? If yes then it shouldn't have an issue unless John Smith's name is phonetically similar to Mum and Dad. What if you try just the persons first name like Call John?

Why does Siri misunderstand me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.