Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone bought it for me, I have to enter his password every time I use the app

Hi !
Someone bought an app for me (photoshop elements), but now every time I reopen it after turning my computer off and on, I have to connect to his account.
It tells me that since the app was bought from a different account, I have to log in. Can I fix this ? Or can we fix it from the other account ?
Thanks !

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 11:57 AM

App Store products can't be transferred from one person to another. You have to delete the app and buy it yourself.

6 replies

Nov 25, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Cécile Dunand

Well, in fact, NO, you can't gift Mac App Store content. There is no gifting mechanism. He bought the app with his account and the app is solely licensed for his use and no one else's. It is illegal/a violation of the Terms of Use for the Mac App Store for him to install an app that he purchased with his account on your Mac. That is called software piracy.

What he should have done was buy an iTunes Gift Card near the cost of the app and given it to you.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11.1; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2.0.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.1

Nov 25, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Dah•veed

Oh. OK. Sorry while re-reading I realised I sounded a little sassy, I didn't mean to, I just tried to be as clear as possible as english isn't my native language.
Well I didn't know he went to my computer to buy the app. It's so sad paying for an app makes you illegal anyways...
Thanks a lot, now I'll just have to lock into his account everytime, or call the maintenance to try to move the app from an account to another.
Thanks again, have a nice day !

someone bought it for me, I have to enter his password every time I use the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.