Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update iPhoto and it says i cannot because it was already upgraded by my user ID or cancelled or refunded

I don't understand how to update my iPhoto application. It is on my computer and has a null set over it and when I try to open it i get the message that it is not compatible with my OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Fine. I go to updates, and it is listed there and I click on it to update and it tells me, "Update Unavailable with This Apple ID" and "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

I don't know how this has happened or who to contact to figure it out. I did restore an iPhone 4 the other day using this computer... did that somehow mess up my account? I should be able to update this software on this computer!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:18 PM

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2015 12:18 PM in response to pbitkm

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

I am trying to update iPhoto and it says i cannot because it was already upgraded by my user ID or cancelled or refunded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.