Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My siri remote periodically disconnects and connects.

My siri remote periodically disconnects and connects. while I'm watching a movie or netflix or you tube etc, I keep getting the pop up in the right hand of the screen that says "remote disconnected" then 2 seconds later I get the "remote connected" . It's annoying.. Its fully charged... I can't figure out what is wrong with it.. any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 11:43 AM

9 replies

Apr 23, 2016 1:19 PM in response to bruce ridilla

I have the same problem. I bought the Apple TV 4 (32GB) and it worked very well, but for accident I washed my Siri Remote... so it didnt worked again (obviously) but my aunt gave me his Siri Remote and it works well, but after a couple of hours it had the disconections problems. I notice that they get fixed by restarting the device but it is really annoing? Someone knows if this can be fixed by restoring the device?

Apr 23, 2016 2:09 PM in response to Jose Abraham

Hello Jose,

I assume you have paired the new remote wth ATV. There's very little that can go wrong here. Have you done anything else with remotes? Trained the volume control, trained a multifunction remote? Are other bluetooth devices in use nearby? Bluetooth shares the same frequencies as 2.4 GHz wifi, but uses many more, narrower channels. So, intensive wifi activity could upset the bluetooth remote link. Moving the wifi to 5 GHz seems like a winner here, if possible.

My siri remote periodically disconnects and connects.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.