Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't burn DVD from FCP 10.2.2 Same problem with Compressor

I can't burn DVD from FCP 10.2.2. I have OS El Capitan.

The size of the film is apr 2,6 GB. The process starts up ok and runs up to 66%. There it stops.

I have the same problem with Compressor. Both audio file and Mpeg-2 renders successfully and it

looks like almost done. Finishing: says "waiting for disc process to be completed".

Can someone help, Thanks

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 1:27 PM

22 replies

Nov 24, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Nonex72

One of the main reasons for saving the files as an img, is to rule out the optical drive, cable and interfaces. In other words, if the disk image was successfully created, it would implicate the burner, the cable, a port, or possibly the media. It's still unclear whether we're looking at a software or a hardware issue from the tests that you've run so far.

Tom's most recent request would shed some light on whether your burner is at the very least working.

Russ

Nov 24, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks, I will try later tonight. Meanwhile I made a copy of the library and installed it on my MBP. I also have a separate

burner available. I imported the library to FCP on my MBP and started "Share to DVD" . I got some strange remarks on references and transitions missing.

Anyway, the burning process is now running on my MBP, I'm burn to hard drive first.

//Lars

Nov 24, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Russ H

HANG ON ... there is something going on here. Just checked on my system,

no burner attached...so burn to drive.

'shared' a HD project to DVD ...Output Device...Hard Drive.

worked ok gave me a .img file...opened that , checked the VIDEO_TS folder for the largest .vob...open that in streamclip, yep fine says 720x480 as expected.

Did the same with BluRay...just fine checked the BDMV folder and mts files is there.

Now here where is goes weird.

Try it again Share another DVD

'Share goes to 66% and hangs.

Dont touch anything, check the dock...is the Create Disc app running?

Try 'Quit' via the dock ?? nothing happens?

User uploaded file

...go to Force Quit menu...

User uploaded file

...I don't know !!!! seems you have started something.

Lets see if anybody else can figure.

BTW I dont have Compressor ?...do you? do we need it? is an issue with the Share Monitor app? because that shows nothing

Can't burn DVD from FCP 10.2.2 Same problem with Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.