Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp for Windows 10

Hi

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on MacBook Pro but I can't because the Boot Camp Assistant on my Mac is not compatible with Windows 10 " Boot Camp only supports Windows 8 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for Windows 8 or later installation" so I'm wondering what should I do ?

MacBook Pro, null

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 2:17 PM

9 replies

Nov 23, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Hamid15

I am having similar issues. I have a 13" Mac Book Pro Retina Early 2015. For 2 weeks I have tried getting Windows 10 Enterprise to install correctly.

When installing Boot Camp it always hangs on Status: Realtek Audio. It never finishes, so it doesn't complete installing the Touch Pad driver and a lot of other drivers such as video. I have taken pictures.

I tried reloading the system with Yosemite using the recovery partition. Then using Boot camp. Same results. Then reset again and upgraded to El Capitan and doing Boot Camp with Windows 10 Enterprise.

I have tried rebooting it and manually running the Bootcamp MSI and get the same results. Does anyone know where a driver package is located? I have tried running the individual executables under BootCamp\Drivers\Apple such as ApleMultiTouchTrackPadInstaller64.exe. It says it installs but I do not have the ability to right click.

Very disappointed they took away the ability to run Windows 7 on this device since that is still my company standard. Thought I could work around it by going to Windows 10, but not having any luck on this device.

Need some assistance. Starting to regret my purchase.

Thanks,

Jody

Nov 23, 2015 11:11 AM in response to JodyCason

JodyCason wrote:

When installing Boot Camp it always hangs on Status: Realtek Audio. It never finishes, so it doesn't complete installing the Touch Pad driver and a lot of other drivers such as video. I have taken pictures.

Please see Re: boot camp installation hangs at realtek audio stepSearch or ask a question for a possible solution.

I tried reloading the system with Yosemite using the recovery partition. Then using Boot camp. Same results. Then reset again and upgraded to El Capitan and doing Boot Camp with Windows 10 Enterprise.

I have tried rebooting it and manually running the Bootcamp MSI and get the same results. Does anyone know where a driver package is located? I have tried running the individual executables under BootCamp\Drivers\Apple such as ApleMultiTouchTrackPadInstaller64.exe. It says it installs but I do not have the ability to right click.

Windows Enterprise is not officially supported. Please see Solution for Bootcamp 6 error on Windows 10 for a possible Bootcamp.MSI workaround.

Very disappointed they took away the ability to run Windows 7 on this device since that is still my company standard. Thought I could work around it by going to Windows 10, but not having any luck on this device.

Need some assistance. Starting to regret my purchase.

W7 is old. You can run W7 on 2014 Macs. 2015 Macs only support EFI, so W7, which is very buggy with EFI, is no longer supported. If you are within a return period, consider getting a Refurbished 2014 model.

Boot Camp for Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.