Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri keeps updating old reminders, not creating new ones.

Hi, when I tell Siri to create a reminder, it updates old ones, rather than creating new ones. This happens even when I specifically ask for new, which is recognised, but then not acted on. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 4:40 AM

I'm having the same issues since update iOS 9. I used Siri for creating new reminders, it was great. Now it has become completely useless.

Every time I want to add a new reminder Siri updates on old one 😠

6 replies

Apr 12, 2016 4:49 PM in response to Tootle21

From what I can tell, Siri does that when you have Reminders pending to be acknowledged in your locked screen or something like that. Not that it makes it OK, but at least if you keep your pending reminders "clear", it'll create them as instructed.

PS: This exact issue happens in Spanish too. It's really a pain for me as I had grown accustomed to use Siri for reminding me stuff but now I have so many of them that I can't reliably ask Siri to create new reminders.

Siri keeps updating old reminders, not creating new ones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.