Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!!! MAC -Disconnecting from internet

I have a;

; User uploaded file

I keep getting disconnected from our Wi-fi! My Iphone is having no issues, just my MAC PRO!

My housemates all operate Windows, and having no problems at all!! It works fine for about 30-60mins and then suddenly gone!! I lose nr

Please help...I work from home and need this to be 100%

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 3:05 PM

10 replies

Nov 26, 2015 10:33 AM in response to odriscollalan

So yesterday afternoon, during a call with someone, somewhere form Apple, I had gotten the idea to look at the Channel setting in the modem/router (an EasyBox 802 model). To be fair, it came form something that the tech guy said, but only in so much that it was something he said that only Vodafone could change. Anyway, I went into the EasyBox settings (at the time, from my iPad, because the MBP couldn't connect), and changed the channel to 3 (a number I picked for no reason) from the Auto setting it was on. Knock on wood, etc., etc., I've had a trouble free connection for about 24 hours now, after a couple of weeks of intermittent at best service. Do I think it's an EasyBox/Vodafone issue? Absolutely not. Clearly something is different in the way the MBP is dealing with Wifi networks.

To remind everyone, especially (hopefully) the Apple guy or gal that may read this, my iPad, iPhone and WLAN Printer (Cannon MF-4780w) never had a problem connecting. And fortunately, the channel change seems to not have effected these devices at all.

Nov 26, 2015 10:42 AM in response to jimchik2

Same problem with my macbook pro Mid-2010....

I dit the upgrade to El captain, I deleted all my hard disk (clean instal...)... But the problem still..

To be clear, I'm connecting to my wifi but after 5 minutes I can't open any website... Safari said : No connection...

And I tried a lot of Wifi (Home, iPhone, School, at work.... all same problem)

Please Apple, do something...

Nov 26, 2015 10:52 AM in response to didcupcakes

Yeah, it has nothing to do with apps, HD, etc.... Remember, it worked fine up until a certain hardware/firmware/software upgrade from Apple. I almost wanted to laugh if it weren't so frustrating; the first guy that I spoke with tried to get me to do a HD check from Disk Tools in Recovery mode! I mean, really?!?

Anyway, as I've said, it's been working, knock on wood, since I changed the output channel on the router. If anyone's interested, I found the log-in info on the Vodafone website, so it's no harm to post it: username is root. And the password is 123456. That simple.

Maybe changing the channel on any router would work? Of course, as always, your mileage may vary, and no warranties, no guarantees... and this was a private home network. Take the info always as a suggestion.

:-)

Help!!! MAC -Disconnecting from internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.