Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I already downloaded version 6.6.1 from mac store, but after restart, my version is still 6.5.3. What can I do next?

Hi! I'm using Macbook white late 2009, current OS is Yosemite 10.10.5., I recently upgraded to 8GB RAM. I updated my Keynote to version 6.6.1 via Mac app store. After the restart, software update details reflected that I have the latest version, but when I tried opening my presentations on Keynote, there's a notification that says "a newer version is available", so I rechecked the specs, and the version I have is still 6.5.3. But form the app store, it's already 6.6.1. I tried re-starting again, but still I still have the same problem. What's my next step? Thanks.

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 3:12 AM

Are you checking the version using: Keynote > About Keynote?

Try forcing a re-install by:

close Keynote

remove Keynote from Dock if present

delete Keynote from the Applications folder

empty trash

re-install Keynote from Mac App Store

3 replies

Nov 26, 2015 11:14 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks! I did what you suggested and my Keynote was re-installed and worked fine after that. So I also did it for Pages and Numbers as I was having the same issues. However, just today, I couldn't open another file in Pages, so I checked the About Pages, it reverted back to the earlier version! Despite my App store including Pages in the list of apps updated within the last 30 days. So now, I'm re-installing Pages again and hope there will be no glitches. Is it like Apple's way of convincing me to upgrade to El Capitan? My updated apps keep reverting back to older versions? is that even possible?

Thanks again.

Feb 4, 2016 9:27 PM in response to FrancesG

Same for me. After installing the update and after clearing all the previous versions and re-installing various times, no luck.

Apple is a bunch of monkeys slowly drifting towards being Microsoft-efficient... ie. just annoying. Costed me 2 hours of my time for no reason at all. Puzzled why they do that to customers, and annoyed.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I already downloaded version 6.6.1 from mac store, but after restart, my version is still 6.5.3. What can I do next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.